Originally launched in 2010, the updated DATING MATTERS®: Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention training offers users a fresh experience as they learn about teen dating violence and how to prevent it.
Follow a school administrator as he goes through his day, with stops along the way to explore:
- Graphic Novel Scenarios: Peer into the relationship dynamics of three teen couples to learn about a healthy dating relationship, unhealthy dating relationship, and concerning relationship that highlights educator intervention.
- Interactive Exercises: Test the knowledge you’ve gained and reflect on how this information can be applied to your work with teens in a meaningful way.
- Updated Resources: Download the latest teen dating violence information, strategies, and tools.
What You’ll Learn
- Characteristics of healthy and unhealthy teen relationships
- Early warning signs and factors that may increase a teen’s risk for dating violence
- Statistics, examples, and consequences of teen dating violence
- Ways to promote healthy relationships and prevent unhealthy and violent ones
- DATING MATTERS®: Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention Training
- DATING MATTERS®: Strategies to Promote Healthy Teen Relationships, CDC’s teen dating violence prevention initiative
- CDC’s teen dating violence prevention web content