Upcoming Webinar | Health Equity & Well-Being from the Start
Join ASTHO and CDC at their upcoming webinar, “Heath Equity and Well-Being from the Start: Building Support for an Equal Opportunity Childhood.” The event will explore the social and economic contexts that impact a child and family’s health and well-being.
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2015
Time: 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET
You can register here.
Participants will learn:
- Why child maltreatment and early adversity are public health problems that can be addressed through primary prevention
- How to analyze social and economic contexts that contribute to differential opportunity for health and well-being across the life course
- Techniques state health departments and their partners are using to ensure safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments for all children and their families
- Edward Ehlinger, MD, MSPH – Minnesota Department of Health
- Marilyn Metzler, RN, MPH – CDC
- Steve Wirtz, PhD – California Department of Public Health