Pre-implementation activities are things you will need to do in order to get ready to deliver your strategies. Some helpful questions to consider:
- Do strategies/programs need to be purchased? If so, who will purchase? Are the funds available?
- What are the requirements of the purchased program?
- Are implementation sites identified? If so, have you met all of their requirements (e.g., consent forms, approvals)?
- Have you scheduled training for all implementers? Do you have space? Is there a cost? Is it at a convenient time for most attendees?
- Do you have supervision and coaching resources for implementers?
- Will you have implementers and any observers keep “field notes” to help track anything unusual that occurs during implementation (e.g., a fire drill)? If you decide to do this, decide on a format and training for implementers and observers.
- Do you need to provide updates or reports to anyone (e.g., team, leadership)? Is there a schedule and format you need to follow?
- Do you have the resources you need for collecting data to see if the strategy is working? These can include: computers, software, photocopying, staff (including someone who can accurately enter data and someone who can do data analysis).